Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Information Technology FIT
Device prototyping lab
Leading edge Augmented Reality applications often require novel input devices with unique shapes and enhanced functionality of sensors and electronics. To be able to manufacture in-house small lots of such gadgets – or reduced-scale models of AR installations – FIT set up its Device Prototyping Lab.
It manufactures complex 3D workpieces, e. g., parts of a casing, using a 3D plotter and a 3D milling machine. Bespoke circuit boards for the functional innards are produced in mechanical or chemical processes.
- 3D polymer printer
- ZCorporation SPECTRUM Z510
- Abblasstation ZCoperation ZD-5
- Substractive Rapid Prototyping Machine Roland MDX-40
- Varnishing unit
Individual circuit design
- Bungard CCD/2 drilling / routing machine
- Bungard SPLASH CENTER spray etching machine
- Bungard HELLAS vacuum exposure unit
- Soldering unit
- Digital / analog oscilloscope
- Spectrum analyser