In the digital future, data is everywhere and, where possible, should drive the strategical, tactical, and operational decisions in enterprises. The Data Science and Artificial Intelligence Department's research and development efforts address the processing, integration, organization, and analysis of various types of data. We do this in a systematic, flexible, effective, and efficient way. We cover the entire lifecycle of knowledge-based value creation and decision support from data:
- data and knowledge acquisition from heterogeneous sources and human experts,
- integration and networking of data and knowledge,
- management and exchange of data in data infrastructures and data ecosystems in line with governance principles and respecting data owners' sovereignty,
- obtaining insights, conclusions, and providing recommendations by reasoning and analytics, and
- communicating these conclusions to humans.